Thursday, January 23, 2014

39 WE"eeeeeeek"KS!

How far along? 39 WeeKs!

Size of baby: Baby E is the size of a watermelon! ...small basketball if you ask me, but what do I know?



Baby keeps growing, despite being so crowded in there. He probably weighs around 6.2 to 9.2 pounds and measures about 18.9 to 20.9 inches. He's probably able to flex his limbs now. His brain is still rapidly developing -- he's getting smarter by the week! His nails may extend past his fingertips.











Total weight gain: Welp. According to the doctor yesterday I weighed 160.2 lbs. So from my skinniest I have gained 37 lbs and if you just go by my doctor chart, I've only gained 29 lbs. I like the doctor chart scenario better, but whatever. I'm hoping for no more lbs, but that would probably mean Maverick coming early and we all know I'm not down for that. So I guess bring on the few (hopefully only a few) extra pounds.


Maternity clothes? My wonderful grandma helped me do all of Kyle and I's laundry this weekend so I have plenty of clothes to wear. Same old outfits though--thank goodness I work at 10 different schools.


Stretch marks? Checked myself out this morning in the mirror and didn't find any! yay me!

Sleep: Not bad. Lots of getting up to pee and BOY OH BOY is that hard when you're sleeping on an air mattress! That only happened one night, but I was like stuck in a hole in the middle and I had to like roll out of bed onto the floor and then get up from the floor. It was quite the adventure. Sleeping with Kyle when he sleeps diagonally in the bed is another challenge. Can't wait to start sleeping in my bed with him so that we have more room! Bye bye full size bed! 

Best moment this week: Hands down closing on the house! Duh. I feel so much better having a place for 1. all of us to live ...together and 2. all of Maverick's stuff without dominating somebody else's living space. He's been moving like crazy, which I LOVE. I'm enjoying all of the last minute attention about "are you ready?" "wow, you're due in ____ days?! You look great!" etc.


Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope. Disgusted maybe at how bad I've been eating this week. Living in between 3 different house, no grocery shopping, and lots of eating out... But whatever.

Gender: Baby Boy


Belly Button in or out? This morning it was definitely sticking out. Still depends on where Maverick is sitting. I'll say..."not an innie"


Miss Anything? Ahi tuna still--I don't even crave it, but when I see it on the menu (a picture) I want to eat it sooo bad! I miss the discipline I had at the beginning of my pregnancy. The first five months of my pregnancy I had 3 diet cokes. Now I have at least one a week and sometimes multiple. I know it's "OK" but between my eating habits and this...ugh. I REALLY REALLY REALLY miss being independent this week. Having to point and wait around for other people to move all the furniture and stuff has been hard. I am so appreciative of the help we've had from family and friends. But it's hard to sit back and watch!! Thank goodness for my love of organizing and need to nest.

Food cravings: More french fries and fried chicken-like chicken nuggets and Chick-Fil-A sandwiches. And apparently rice. I ate chinese food on Monday, a rice bowl on Wednesday, left over chinese at some point, and totally would have eaten it again today, but I thought I'd give Kyle a break.

Labor Signs: Not that I know of?! I can't stop wondering if I'm going to be one of the 10% of women that actually have their water break... TEN percent--how crazy is that?! 100% of women in movies water breaks, but only 10% in real life. I'm almost hoping it does break. I'm afraid I'm not going to know when I'm in labor. hahaha (hold all comments...I know, I'm SURE I'll know...)


39 Week Symptoms: Straight from thebump.com
  • False labor. Usually these pains start in the front of your body and ease up when you switch positions. You'll know it's real labor when they start at the top of your uterus and become more frequent. Like I said...not happening that I can tell. I did ask my doctor if she was going to check me at any of my appointments and she said she usually doesn't, but would if I wanted. She said that it doesn't mean anything so she doesn't bother. Mostly it's just uncomfortable. Kelly, don't you will you had my doctor?! haha But she did check me this time and she said my cervix is still closed but it's soft.
  • Water breaking. Call your doctor if you suspect yours has broken, or if you think you could be leaking amniotic fluid. I will be blogging from the hospital (and if I can't, my mom will be blogging for me), but this blog would have started off WAAAAAY different if my water had broken already. So...NO.
  • More heartburn, hemorrhoids, pelvic pressure and trouble catching your breath. Pelvic pressure-sometimes. Usually corresponds with having to go to the bathroom. Not always though. Trouble catching my breath---um YES! Today I was walking DOWN THE STAIRS on the phone and it took me like 30 minutes of driving to finally be able to breath again. Oy vey!
  • The urge to nest. Don't stress though -- you'll never get everything done. Abso-freaking-lutely!! I am LOVING our new house and putting everything away. What a perfect project for being at the end of my pregnancy.

Happy or Moody? Pretty freaking happy and excited!! Trying to pace my excitement so I can make it until Feb. 1st (2nd or 3rd). No getting impatient and wishing him here early. I did have 2 crabby moments this week. One, I kind of text yelled at our realtor and then he apologized and I felt horrible for making him feel horrible. Oops! And two, I was very standoffish/bitchy towards my car salesman about my leather situation, my car not being detailed last time I was there (I don't even think they are supposed to do that every time, but hey why not?), and the level of my gas tank. He then had my car detailed and followed me to the gas station and bought me $20 worth of gas and stayed extremely nice to me the entire time. Again, I felt bad for being bitchy. BUT I got what I wanted and I don't think I was being unfair!

Looking forward to: Finishing this move. Having our parents come over this weekend and work on house projects...especially painting the nursery. I'll post lots of pictures during the process and when everything is done. And going to the doctor on Monday. It should be my last routine appointment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment