Thursday, January 9, 2014

37 WEEKS!

How far along? 37 WeeKs! T minus 3 weeks until due date and hopefully 3 weeks and 2 days until his birthday! (I know, I know, "You look like you're about to pop"..."he could come anytime"..."they come when they come" ... "You can't plan these things". Save it. I know it's just wishful thinking.)

Size of baby: Baby E is the size of a winter melon. What on earth is that?!



Yay! Baby has reached full term. (Although some articles I've read say doctors don't consider babies full term until 39 weeks...) He likely measures around 18.9 to 20.9 inches and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. He's gaining about 1/2 ounce each day.











Total weight gain:So it wasn't 10lbs that I gained...thank goodness...but pretty close. *tear* My new weight when I stepped on the scaled was 158.7-ugh. So I gained about 8 (almost 9 lbs) since my last visit, skyrocketting my total weight gain to 35.3 lbs. AND the worst part about it is I think that my face is getting fat! You can be the judge of that:

Fat right?! Oy vey.


Maternity clothes? Nothing new. Thank goodness for those sweaters Kyle's mom got me though. These last 2 days were COLD.


Stretch marks? Checked myself out the other night in the mirror and nothing so far...

Sleep: I want more sleep! Pretty sure that will my mantra for the rest of my life at this point. All that napping over Christmas break was a mistake. Now I get so tired in the afternoons and just want to nap. Then I get my second wind, am up late, and don't want to wake up in the morning. It's a vicious cycle over and over and over. I'm mostly worried about the amount of sleep Kyle requires/gets right now and how much he's about to get...

Best moment this week: Making the last 4 of my doctor's appointments for the rest of my pregnancy was pretty exciting! House stuff is kind of creeping in on the excitement, but it's all so that Maverick can have a nice place to live. That counts right?! I also have enjoyed interviewing pediatricians. Two down, two to go!


Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.

Gender: Boy

 
Belly Button in or out? Depends on the day. It hasn't been sticking out as much lately. AND you can't see it in the picture I took today, sooo I'm going to officially say flatie.


Miss Anything? non-swollen feet. laying on my stomach. being about to bend over easily. TMI but wiping in the bathroom...geez! and shaving.

Food cravings: Still nothing specific. I wish I craved something...anything...! It would make making dinner or picking a restaurant WAY easier.

Labor Signs: None. Still not 100% sure what I'm looking for, but nothing is happening out of the ordinary.


37 Week Symptoms: Straight from thebump.com
  • The urge to "nest." this instinct might make you want to clean house in preparation for baby. Ummm ABSOLUTELY 100% YES. Not closing on the house until the 20th is making it a little hard, but I'm doing a lot of organizing in my head.
  • Heartburn, since baby continues to put pressure on your digestive system. None.
  • Spotting. But call your doctor if it's heavy bleeding. None.
  • Stretch marks -- sorry, but new ones might appear each week from here on out. Zip.
  • Increased pressure on your abdomen (and greater urge to pee!), since baby may have dropped. Yes! I have to pee A LOT and then right after I pee I always feel like I have to pee again. I get the pressure thing once in awhile but mostly before and after I have to pee.
  • Trouble sleeping. Be sure you're getting plenty of exercise during the day, drinking lots of water and limiting your caffeine intake. A little, maybe some nights...not really...

Happy or Moody? Happy! :) :)

Looking forward to: My next doctor's appointment on Monday. Interviewing more pediatricians. And getting 1 week closer to meeting MAVERICK and closing on our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment