Thursday, January 2, 2014

36 wEEKs - Happy New Year!

How far along? 36 WeeKs! (If Maverick is a good listener, this time next month we will have met him already!!)

Size of baby: Baby E is the size of a honeydew.



Baby is getting closer and closer to being able to breathe on his own. He's still in the 17.2- to 18.7-inch and 4.2- to 5.8-pound range and continues to beef up. His skin is getting smooth and soft and his gums are rigid. His liver and kidneys are in working order. Circulation and immune systems are basically good to go, too.











Total weight gain: Holy Moly...I accidentally stepped on a scale the other night (at 10pm mind you, after eating 1/2 a bag of popcorn and tortilla chips) and I may or may not have gained like 10lbs. I'm REALLY hoping for not!! It's my motivation for going to the grocery store today and cooking the rest of my pregnancy. I've liked my method so far of just sticking to doctor weigh ins, so I can still say that I weigh 150lbs and I've gained 27lbs.


Maternity clothes? Same old, same. Jeans/dress pants/long skirt, belly band, maternity shirt. Some dresses. I am still so mad I can't wear all my new heels though! I guess you can add flip flops to the "maternity clothes" ensemble.


Stretch marks? Still nothing! Fingers are crossed.

Sleep: It is a little hard to fall asleep...except for in the middle of the day. I think that mostly has to do with 1. I am SO EXCITED about everything happening and 2. all I can think about when I lay down is how swollen my fingers are. I am getting up like a million times to pee at night and drink more water. Some nights I am SO thirsty! Maverick has also thought that between 4 and 5am is play time several nights, so that's fun.

Best moment this week: Well... again, there have been many. A LOT has changed in the past week. This time last Thursday we were putting an offer in on a beautiful house and I was sitting at the Honda dealership trying to deal with my mess of a lease/mileage overage. Throughout the week we have signed a million papers, been emailing a lot of people, and are so excited to say...we are closing on our new house (hopefully) on Jan. 20th. I also have a(nother) new car. No more worrying about my miles! Kyle has continued to be SO SWEET and supportive. We got to spend New Years with our awesome group of friends. ...so see...! Who could pick just one?! 

 

<----2011 Honda CRV
Click here to check out the rest of the pics on Zillow
^ Click the picture to see the rest of the pictures on Zillow.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.

Gender:
garçon (that means boy in French!)
 
Belly Button in or out? Flat with a overhang. I showed it to the girls and they agree. It's not a traditional outie! PHEW!


Miss Anything? Still laying on my stomach. You can add wearing heels to this list. I also miss my normal sized fingers and them not hurting all the time.

Food cravings: Nothing specific. I'm still HUNGRY. A LOT.

Labor Signs: No. I've had some friends that are about the same number of weeks as me say they've been having contractions!? Is that normal?! I'm pretty sure I haven't had anything. I also hope that's a good sign! Feb. 1st here we come!


36 Week Symptoms: Straight from thebump.com

  • Better ability to breathe. Baby might soon descend into your pelvis, giving your lungs some extra space. Breathing hasn't been a big issue for me.
  • Pelvic discomfort -- for the same reason! Not yet.
  • Difficulty sleeping. Find some ways to relax even if you aren't getting much shut-eye. A little.
  • More heartburn not for this girl and ankle-and-foot swelling. AND hands. My feet and ankles haven't been that bad lately. They were really bad last week. My toes look like sausages thought. My fingers are the worst! Waaaaaaa :(
Happy or Moody? I'd say happy, happy, happy! :) :)

Looking forward to: For this upcoming week I'd say starting the pediatrician interviewing process (I have 4 appointments scheduled between tomorrow and the 20th), having Bryan, Tasha, Eli, and Maile come visit, AND my birthday is on Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment