Size of baby: Baby E is the size of a pumpkin! (Must be a pretty small pumpkin...)
Total weight gain: Start weight (at my lightest right before I technically got pregnant...not my start weight according to the doctor) 123.4 lbs -- Weight at last doctor's appointment 159.1 -- So I have gained 35.7lbs. Eh. I keep getting "wow you're still so small" and "you don't even look pregnant from the back" so I'll take it! However...just for the sake of documenting this whole experience I feel like my thighs are HUGE every time I sit down to pee and last Sunday I felt like my face looked SO FAT I wanted to cry!
Maternity clothes? Nothing new.But really needing that extra length in my shirts these days. I think I'm going to need to go get a few more shirts to get me through these last two weeks. Or maybe I should just do laundry...
Stretch marks? Not that I can find...and I've checked as many places in the mirror that I can think to check.
Best moment this week: Hmmm...scheduling our closing date had to top the charts. It's all coming together! Other highlights included: One of my awesome schools (Southern Oak) throwing me a semi-surprise all day diaper shower. As I visited each grade level on their planning time each team gave me a pack(s) of diapers in the same size as their grade level (e.g. 5th grade gave me size 5 diapers, 4th grade gave me size 4 diapers, etc.). I also got a gift from their administration--so cute!! THEN another one of my AWESOME schools (Orange Grove) threw me a shower after school today. We got showered with love and gifts and lots of books in place of cards. I am so lucky to work with such wonderful staffs even though I only see them 2-4 times a month. LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM! And to round out the list of excitement Kyle and I attended a million hour labor and delivery class last Saturday. It was from 9 to 4:45, but we learned a lot and I feel somewhat prepared and ready to Maverick any day...like on Feb 1st, 2nd, or 3rd ;)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Yeah when I don't have snacks readily available. Not necessarily queasy or sick, but I think Maverick was gnawing on my insides today. I ran out of snacks and I thought I was going to die! lol
Gender: Little guy!
Belly Button in or out? eh. flat. sticking out occasionally...especially when Maverick decides to snuggle up RIGHT next to it.
Miss Anything?Wearing heels (although I've managed to do it almost every day of my pregnancy, at least at school, but only select pairs that are VERY worn in). I miss shaving and am SO stoked to go get waxed before the hospital adventure. This week I've felt like I am constantly so full, bloated, and have to go to the bathroom. (TMI?) Oh AND ahi tuna! I've been to BJs twice in the last like week or so and their ahi tuna appetizer looks AMAZING.
Food cravings: French fries and sweets. I have not given into the french fry craving yet, although I'm weighing the though of just giving into it to see if the craving will go away...?! What do you think? Stay strong? Give in? Hmm... Sweets--I give in all the time. I try not to over do it, but I end up with something sweet every day. Today was marble cake with peanut butter frosting...but it was my baby shower! Other days are a little mini Hershey bar or 1 piece of weight watchers chocolate or frozen yogurt.
Labor Signs: Who knows? I had a couple of extremely uncomfortable pains one night, but I'm pretty sure that was gas. LOL I do feel more pressure "down there". I don't think I'm going to know when I start having little contractions. I'm so oblivious to what's going on with my body...
38 Week Symptoms: Straight from thebump.com
- "Lightning crotch." As baby bumps against nerves in your pelvis, you might feel shooting sensations down your legs and even inside your vagina. Maybe that's what those 2 pains were? They weren't down my leg or in my vagina though. just a little pressure, sometimes.
- You're probably still having Braxton Hicks contractions, difficulty sleeping, vaginal discharge, an itchy belly and swollen feet and ankles.If I am having Braxton Hicks I have no idea, not really difficulty sleeping thanks to Pillow Wonder Land, HECK YES on the vaginal discharge...holy cow...I think I need to buy some thong panty liners to get me through the rest of the pregnancy. Itchy belly--eh maybe sometimes. And another HELL yeah to the swollen feet and ankles. Kyle tonight, "Babe, you're feet are looking pretty plump tonight." However he then asked if I wanted a pillow to put under them and set me up so I could type my blog and rest my "plump" feet. I'd say he's a keeper.
- You might have had a slightly bloody, mucus discharge, known as bloody show. This is a sign labor is coming. No bloody showing here.
- You might also have some diarrhea, which could also mean baby is coming soon. Well that just happened tonight. But no baby. By "coming soon" they better mean in 2 weeks and 1-3 days. These whole bathroom issues are irritating and super inconvenient. Thank god I'm not in the classroom this year. My kids would be like...ummm Ms. Davis...did you fall in the toilet?!
- Other symptoms (self diagnosed): SOOO TIRED ...like right now, one of my breasts may or may not have leaked in the past like 2 months. I have a small spot on the inside of my bra that looks like liquid damage, but who knows? Just thought I'd document that too. Last, but not least, crying/wanting to cry or getting an attitude real quick. Then I feel stupid afterwards. Oops.
Happy or Moody? Over all H.A.P.P.Y. ...I cried at Honda this week because the car seat doesn't fit very well in my back seat and then the leather got messed up and then I couldn't get to the latches to squish the car seat in...so I went there and cried and tried to trade in my car again. Maybe I should add crazy to the options of happy or moody...
Looking forward to: Kind of having a day off/light load tomorrow, doing the final walk through for the house and dropping off all of my furniture in the garage on Sunday, day off on Monday, interviewing 2 more pediatricians, closing Tuesday, and Dr. appointment Wednesday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment