Thursday, October 3, 2013

23 wEEKS

How far along? 23 weeks



Size of baby: Baby E is the size of a grapefruit! 










He's forming little nipples (yeah, really!) His face is fully formed now -- he just needs a little extra fat to fill it out! He's listening to our voices and myheartbeat -- and even to loud sounds like cars honking and dogs barking.



Total weight gain:  17.5 lbs. No scale until Oct. 9th when I go to the doctor.

Maternity clothes? No, but I think I'm going to need some new clothes soon. I love dressing up for work, but I'm running out of options :(

 Stretch marks? Oh yeah...I haven't done the vitamin E in awhile. Guess I need to get on that. No stretch marks thus far. Fingers crossed.

Sleep: I am having trouble falling asleep, but mostly just because I'M SO EXCITED!! Do I need to keep telling you I get up and pee 1-2 times EVERY, SINGLE night?! ...Because I do!

Best moment this week:Well if you couldn't tell by the two mid-week posts, it was CLEARLY the gender reveal party!! We are sooo excited about Maverick Carter Elam. Then starting the registry was SO FUN--even if Kyle did get sick of it after an hour. lol He was amazing while we were there though and we are continuing to do it online through emails. Also, when Kyle agreed to read books to my belly! That was pretty COOL!

Anything making you queasy or sick: No and I'm still s.ta.r.v.i.n.g. all the time. That might be a small exaggeration, but it feels like it! AND while we are on the food subject, I keep dropping everything and getting stains and crumbs on my shirt. Oh lord!

Gender: BOY! :) Blue team won. See the previous post about the gender reveal for the video footage and other pictures from meyerinspired.com!

 
Belly Button in or out? In. woowhoo.


Miss Anything? Not that I can think of for this week...


Food cravings: hmm...today it was sweets. But I'd say I've had a special craving for fried chicken sandwiches this week. Chik-fil-A, a buffalo chicken sandwich at work today, dreaming about Wendy's Spicy chicken sandwich while passing every Wendy's on my way home... 

Labor Signs: No real ones or and no fake ones. yay.


21 Week Symptoms: Straight from thebump.com
  • Swollen ankles and feet (it's totally normal, but call your doc if it's extreme or sudden!) Nope
  • Braxton Hicks contractions. Be sure to drink plenty of water and change positions frequently to stay comfortable. Nope
  • Aching back -- sorry, but this will likely linger for a while. umm...not noticeable this week.
  • Bleeding and/or swollen gums, common because of (you guessed it) pregnancy hormones. Yeah! Weirdest symptom ever. One of my teeth particularly hurts around the gums. Ugh. I can't wait to go to the dentist in March.

Happy or moody? EEeeeeeeEEekk!! Happy is an understatement.

Looking forward to: Finishing the registry, upcoming baby showers, even my doctor's visit on Oct. 9th. I can't wait to see how much weight I've gained.

No comments:

Post a Comment