Thursday, September 5, 2013

19 weEKs!

How far along? 19 Weeks ...21 to go!


Size of baby: Baby E is the size of a mango!




Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.


Total weight gain:  I'm guessing there's going to be a JUMP when I go to the doctor Sept. 18th...any guesses?! (eeeek!)

Maternity clothes? Nothing new...but I wore a Gator maternity shirt to the tailgate. You couldn't tell it was maternity though. On the other hand, I'm taking a page out of Maxi's book (from General Hospital). According to her, 3 in heels are acceptable and safe for pregnancy.
Oooo LA LA!
Stretch marks? Nope. Fingers crossed. Anybody ever going to remind me to get vitamin E?!


Sleep: Same old same! Peeing 1-2 times in the middle of the night, but sleeping good in between! 


Best moment this week: Getting the gender reveal invitation! Aunt Kelly did an AMAZING job!


Anything making you queasy or sick: not one single thing ;) whoop whoop!

Gender: Not sure, but definitely a future soccer player. I can't wait until other people can feel this little one KICK!

 
Belly Button in or out? In :) and lacking in the jewelry department :/ I've had my belly button pierced since I was 15--11 years later it looks SO WEIRD without it.


Miss Anything? Not worrying about what I can and can't eat. It hasn't been too bad, just constantly thinking about it is a little annoying.



Food cravings: hmmm...it might be quicker to list what I'm not craving. Rice still...fried pickles... I've had a heightened sense for the smell of french fries lately. Trying to contain that one (mind over matter, mind over matter...)

Labor Signs: Nooooo.

Symptoms: I stopped breaking out. yay. I have a little baby belly. I pee in the middle of the night. That's about it still.

Happy or moody? Soooo excited! I cried a lot this week, but that goes along with the annoyed easily.

Looking forward to: Getting my new mommy heels (and by mommy I mean, not mommy at all). Gender Reveal party in T-minus 22 days! Ahhhhh!!! I can't wait to figure out if we have a name war ahead of us or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment