Size of baby: Baby E is the size of a pomegranate! (So...I was thinking...a pomegranate isn't bigger than a banana!?! I'm so confused.)
Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.
Total weight gain: I guess there are 2 running totals... If you count from my first doctor's appointment, I have gained 10 lbs. If you count from my skinniest, right before I got pregnant, I've gained 17.5 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Still haven't added anything to the wardrobe. Belly bands have become a staple in my wardrobe, along with a button extender once in awhile! I'll be wearing one of my Gator maternity shirts this weekend :)
Stretch marks? Not yet, but with the growing belly and boobs I better be extra generous when applying the vitamin E at night. I forgot the last 2 nights :(
Sleep: Not bad. Peeing breaks once or twice are still occurring.
Best moment this week: I ALMOST got somebody else to feel the baby kicking! Once Tessa put her hand on my belly, it stopped though. Of course! I also got to hear the heartbeat again at the doctor's office!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope. Nada. N-O.
Gender: EIGHT DAYS until we cut into the cake and see either orange (girl) or blue (boy)!
Belly Button in or out? In. Still looking weird with no belly button ring.
Miss Anything? Walking fast without getting a cramp.
Food cravings: Pickles. I have put pickles on EVERYTHING. Meatball sub at subway WITH PICKLES. Egg and cheese sandwich WITH PICKLES. Yumm. Talk about stereotypical...
Labor Signs: Nope. One of my emails about my 21 week update did mention something about braxton hicks. I'm hoping that's a no on my checklist of symptoms.
21 Week Symptoms: Fetal movement. Check. Hearty appetite. Check. and rest were a no.
Happy or moody? Must less irritable this week. Thank goodness! SO EXCITED TO HAVE THE GENDER REVEAL PARTY!
Looking forward to:The reveal-DUH! 8 days...
No comments:
Post a Comment