Thursday, March 27, 2014

TWO MONTHS! (Switching to monthly posts)

Eight Weeks  (and one day because I forgot!) I can't believe Maverick is TWO MONTHS old now. Officially, the two month mark is on Saturday, but 8 weeks is pretty much the same thing.


Stats--
  •      Height: I measured with a ruler and it was about 22 inches.
  •      Weight: Somewhere between 9 lbs 6 oz and 10 lbs. April 6th is his doctor appointment.
What's New:  
Coos, babbling, laughing, and smiling galore! The first hour that Mav is awake every day is the most fun hour of any day. He makes me crack up. 
His neck is getting stronger every day. I tried to put him in the Bumbo already but he was fussy and didn't like it. But he loves being held upright and just holds his head up and looks around at everything. 
He "rolled over" this week. I put him on his belly propped up on his forearms and he threw his head to one said, kicked is leg, and wound up on his back again. He was very please with himself and my reaction. haha

I went back to work on Friday and Mav stayed home with Daddy. They had a great day. I didn't feel bad about leaving Mav. I would much rather stay home with him, but I more so have decided that I don't like my job; I'm not sad to be away from him. I did miss him of course though.

We also went to the beach, set out Mav's tent and had a blast. By have a blast, I mean he slept the entire time until he woke up hungry. I nursed him in the tent and then it got cold and we left. lol Mommy enjoyed it though!!
Feeding: I think we finally have it down! It only took 8 weeks but I don't hurt on a regular basis, he doesn't cry hysterically before latching, it is wonderful. It still takes him a little while to latch and a lot of tries sometimes, but WAAAAY better. I even feel comfortable feeding him in public now. I have been extremely lazy and haven't been pumping. I'm hoping it doesn't affect my supply.

Sleeping: Night time sleeping is great. About 4 hours (4.5-5 hours between feedings) then back down and another 3 hour stretch. Day time naps are sucking royally this week. He goes down for like 10 minutes and then wakes back up crying. Not sure if he has gas or if he just wants to snuggle or what. Car naps have been a god send though.

Best thing this week: Every first hour of every day this week. I lOVE playing with him in the morning. It makes it easy to get out of bed when I'm exhausted.

Worst thing this week: Fussiness at night and non-nap taking days. I feel like I have so much to do and so I stress when he doesn't nap because I can't get anything done.

Check out Maverick's eight week pictures on the "Maverick's Mugshots" page.

No comments:

Post a Comment