I almost didn't get to blog today because we were sooo busy! Whoever says they get bored staying home with a newborn is either Super Woman or has a dirty house and a bored baby. lol Today Maverick and I woke up (duh), he ate breakfast and I ate a banana. I pumped while I played with him laying on the bed. Then I put him on his playmat and put the dishes away from the dishwasher. Then we played for awhile in his bouncey seat. He laid down for a quick nap while I showered (score!), made the bed, and started laundry. After that he woke up and ate again. We swept the whole house and steam mopped, followed by vacuuming the carpets. He loved being in the sling for all that movement. (I did think he was going to fall out a few times though.) Of course, he ate again after that. We ended up doing 3 loads of laundry all together. Robyn and Lindsay came to visit for a little while. And then it was already 6:30!! Time FLIES. I started dinner and waiting for Kyle to come home while I played with Maverick on the couch, read our mail, and wrote thank you cards for the last few gifts we just received. I'm sure you really wanted a play by play of our day, but SERIOUSLY I love being home with him and can't believe how fast the day goes.
Stats--
- Height: We find out tomorrow. Stay tuned for next week's blog.
- Weight: Same ^^
- Head Circumference: Apparently his head has grown a lot this week! We'll find out that tomorrow too.
What's New: (So I keep changing this section. I don't like how it's turning out... Maybe this will be better?)
Well this week (Friday & Saturday) Maverick and I had our first road trip together. We went ALL THE WAY hehe to Orlando by ourselves for an FEA Young Educators' Meeting. This in turn caused us to have our first hotel stay, first dinner meeting, first day being away from mom besides feeding time, and first time meeting all my wondering FEA friends and family! It was quite exciting. Maverick was a champ!! He did awesome during my meetings and was a great for his Grandma Pete in the hotel the next day.
Kyle and I went on our first date since Maverick has arrived. We went to Shoot Straight to shoot my 9mm Smith & Wesson that he got me for Christmas 2 years ago. Ladies shoot free on Mondays, so it was fun and cheap. PERFECT. In honor of date night, I shaved my legs for the first time since Maverick was born. One perk of the pregnancy is that my hair grows in a lot lighter and a lot thinner now (well it has been, let's hope it stays that way). Sidenote: Since we are talking about my firsts and being all cleaned up, this week was the first time I didn't have to wear a pad!! I have finally stopped bleeding. Thank goodness.
Tasha (Kyle's sister in law) texted me at the perfect time this week to tell me about this new app "The Wonder Weeks". It tells all about brain development and the "leaps" they make and when. So this week he started making his first leap in brain development. I'll try to summarize how the app describes this leap-- It's called the World of Changing Sensations. His metabolism, organs, and senses mature rapidly during this week (between 4 1/2 and 5 1/2 weeks). He's more interested in the world--looking around, being able to see things farther than he has been able to before, and responding to me, touches, and sounds more. He is getting SO FUN! Random: He produces for the first time/much more real tears when he cries (breaks my heart).
Maverick had his one month pictures taken this past week. He was so fussy. But keep your eyes peeled for when I post them. It'll probably be in a separate post instead of on the "mugshots" page.
Feeding: Half of this week was rough and half was great. The only rough part was his latch--it was pretty shallow and was kILLING my poor nipples. He is latching a lot better though and eating without crying forever first. We are even on a pretty good schedule/pattern. I started pumping on Sunday and stocking away milk for when I'm at work (so not looking forward to going back to work). During 3 weeks there was a growth spurt going on that made Maverick want to eat EVERY freaking hour. It happened AGAIN this past week. This is another reason I was thankful for Tasha texting me with that app. The brain leap he is making, causes babies to want to eat more and be held more/comforted. I was very happy for a reason for his fussiness and excessive eating. Well this week (Friday & Saturday) Maverick and I had our first road trip together. We went ALL THE WAY hehe to Orlando by ourselves for an FEA Young Educators' Meeting. This in turn caused us to have our first hotel stay, first dinner meeting, first day being away from mom besides feeding time, and first time meeting all my wondering FEA friends and family! It was quite exciting. Maverick was a champ!! He did awesome during my meetings and was a great for his Grandma Pete in the hotel the next day.
Kyle and I went on our first date since Maverick has arrived. We went to Shoot Straight to shoot my 9mm Smith & Wesson that he got me for Christmas 2 years ago. Ladies shoot free on Mondays, so it was fun and cheap. PERFECT. In honor of date night, I shaved my legs for the first time since Maverick was born. One perk of the pregnancy is that my hair grows in a lot lighter and a lot thinner now (well it has been, let's hope it stays that way). Sidenote: Since we are talking about my firsts and being all cleaned up, this week was the first time I didn't have to wear a pad!! I have finally stopped bleeding. Thank goodness.
Tasha (Kyle's sister in law) texted me at the perfect time this week to tell me about this new app "The Wonder Weeks". It tells all about brain development and the "leaps" they make and when. So this week he started making his first leap in brain development. I'll try to summarize how the app describes this leap-- It's called the World of Changing Sensations. His metabolism, organs, and senses mature rapidly during this week (between 4 1/2 and 5 1/2 weeks). He's more interested in the world--looking around, being able to see things farther than he has been able to before, and responding to me, touches, and sounds more. He is getting SO FUN! Random: He produces for the first time/much more real tears when he cries (breaks my heart).
Maverick had his one month pictures taken this past week. He was so fussy. But keep your eyes peeled for when I post them. It'll probably be in a separate post instead of on the "mugshots" page.
Sleeping: Got much better this week. We are on a 4 hour, 2-3 hour, 2-3 hour schedule. He is going back to bed a lot faster feedings in the middle of the night too. Thank goodness!
Best thing this week: The sweetest thing ever--Kyle gave Mav a bath all by himself. He was so proud and did such a good job. I needed a nap, so he took over. When Justin and Courtney came home, I could hear him telling them that he did it by himself and all of that. It was great! Monday night he asked me to get him a book to read to Maverick!!! I freaking love how much he loves him. SO CUTE.
Also, Sunday was an all around AWESOME day. We had lots of family time. We played outside in the backyard (on Maverick's play mat). We also got the garage cleaned up and organized. I felt very accomplished and happy we had a good family day.
Worst thing this week: I don't have a debbie downer story this week! YAY. The hurting nipples suck, but what else is new?! lol
Check out Maverick's five week picture on the "Maverick's Mugshots" page.
NEED HELP: I'm not loving this blog...I liked the questions I answered every week during my pregnancy, but I don't feel like this blog is very exciting or consistent. I also forget a lot of stuff and get confused about the timing. All of the stuff I wrote on this entry happened while he was four weeks (and x amount of days) old. Now he's officially five weeks and will be this whole week. Then I'll write about it, but it'll be titled 6 weeks... ugh. Should I change the titles of each entry? Anything else I should add that you want to know about? or take out? text me, call me, email me, leave me a comment...ANYTHING!
No comments:
Post a Comment