Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Seven Weeks

Seven Weeks  


Stats--
  •      Height: umm...13 days worth of growth passed 21.75 inches
  •      Weight: 13 days worth of bulking up plus 9 lbs 6 oz. He did go through his 6 week growth spurt, so I wouldn't be surprised if he gained a good amount of weight.
What's New:  
We are starting to get on a schedule!! :) :) Up between 5am and 7am. I stay up and start to be productive. He gets up around 8am and eats and plays until 9, when he eats again and then goes down for a nap for 1-2 hours. Then we play and he naps again around 1pm. That's as far as we have gotten on the schedule so far. The afternoons are unpredictable and a lot more awake time. Makes getting dinner ready quite the challenge. Although the sling carrier is a life saver and I have managed to have dinner ready every night so far!
As I mentioned earlier, Maverick went through his 6 week growth spurt. It was an entire day of sitting on the couch. He nursed every hour on the hour ALL day! Keep in mind he nursed for 30-45 minutes each time, which means I only had a 15-30 minute break in between. At one point he was frantic for some boob, I whipped off my shirt and stuck it in his mouth only to realize that now I'm stuck in the corner of the couch about a foot too far from reaching my yogurt and spoon, 5 inches too far away from my phone, and about 4 feet too far from reaching the remote control. So I just sat and stared at him. I got smart after that. That was Monday; it was really bad. Tuesday was better, but still growth spurty. Today was pretty good, but he still ate pretty often. I think a paci is in our near future. 
Maverick went to the beach for the first time. Except we really didn't go down to the beach. We were up at the pool, but there was a sand area and we were right next to the beach. He didn't even feel the sand, so maybe it doesn't count?! Apparently it is frowned on to take babies under 6 months out in the sun and/or in the water. I tried to find a bathing suit or swim diaper, bucket hat, rash guard, and sunglasses for a newborn. NO DICE. So I bought all 6 months stuff. Yeah, epic fail. Way too big. But it was fun playing with them. It made for a few good pictures and I saved myself some shopping in the future!
So sad...Mav started growing out of some of his newborn outfits! Into storage they go... :(
Feeding: Guess I covered that above in the growth spurt from hell update. He's eating pretty good and pretty regular. Grandma Ally gave him her first bottle today. He's taking them well and still nursing well. That's a win.

Sleeping: None of this applies to growth spurt days...but...He is going down between 9 and 10pm and waking up between 2 and 3am! It's so nice. Then he gets up in the morning and I stay up. So I'm only getting up with him once in the middle of the night! Whoop whoop.

Best thing this week: Getting on a schedule. And family time this Saturday and Sunday. I love hanging out with Kyle and Maverick! I'm so sappy.

Worst thing this week: the growth spurt from hell

 Check out Maverick's seven week pictures on the "Maverick's Mugshots" page. And I finally posted his one month old pictures. Scroll up on the Mugshots page to inbetween 4 and 5 weeks.

Things to look forward to (from Similac.com)
By the end of 2 months, he should
  • Smile when you touch or talk to him check. I LOVE HIS SMILES!!
  • React to loud sounds by startling, crying, or getting very quiet Yes, but not dramatically. Which I think is a good thing. I don't want a screaming baby every time there is a loud noise.
  • No longer keep his hands in tight fists He is opening them more and more each day
  • Begin recognizing you and your partner as the parents He better!
  • Be able to lift his chest off the floor using his forearms for support This kid has a STRONG ass neck. He is always looking around and holding his head up when we are holding him. He plays on his tummy and lifts up a little but mostly his neck. He doesn't use is arms too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment