Waaaaaaa! I can't believe it's already been 6 weeks. I am so not looking forward to going back to work and am SO HAPPY I had to have a c-section and can claim I need to stay out 8 weeks. haha
Stats--
- Height: As of 3/6 he was 21.75 inches. He's grown 1.75 inches since birth.
- Weight: 9 lbs 6 oz. oink. oink. (Not really, all of his percentiles are really low. My little peanut!)
- Head Circumference: 14.75 inches
What's New:
Well let's see...I finally got it straight in my head about this whole posting about what has happened the whole last week and all of that. I think... So during his 6th week of life:
Well let's see...I finally got it straight in my head about this whole posting about what has happened the whole last week and all of that. I think... So during his 6th week of life:
Mav got is first bottle from his daddy! He took it like a champ. No problems, no nipple confusion, no nothing. I will say, I bought expensive ass nipples for these bottles and the more we use them, I'm not sure they are worth it.
On Saturday, we took our first trip to Satellite Beach. Which also included attending his first birthday party. He loved hanging out with his cousins Kylah and Tanner (first time meeting the Tan Man) and seeing his Grandpa Rodney, Grandma Pete, Aunt Claire, and Uncle Brad!
Sunday, Mav got to see his first Japanese dinner show. It sucked. Royally. We had our entire meal on our plate in about 5 minutes. There was no "show". So, I'm thinking we can have a do over on this first.
Monday, we went on a walk to the park down the road with our new friends Aleah and Gavin. We had lots of fun. Maverick even had his first swinging experience! I put a blanket behind him to cushion the swing and make sure all the holes were plugged up and stuck him in it. He wasn't quite sure what to think about the whole thing, but he didn't cry--he must have loved it.
Not sure when the official first social smile happened, but boy oh boy this kid is smiling up a storm. It is the CUTEST thing EVER. He will be smiling so big and about every 5 seconds and as soon as I take the camera out, it's gone. Back to the serious, worried, thinker face! (All his smiles are just for me.)
His neck is sooo strong. He's staying awake longer and holding his head up for longer. He LOVE LOVE LOVES his little elephant sound making mobile thing on his bouncing monkey chair (or whatever toy he's in because he LOVES it). He stares all around and takes it all in. Today he was even watching TV while I cooked dinner.
An finally, today, I think we are facing the first cold! He caught it from his daddy. My poor little boys are sick. AWWW. Mav's little congested breathing is so pathetic and sad. It breaks my heart!
Sleeping: As I was singing his praises on Monday about how great it's been at night and how he gets up between 1 and 3 and then again between 5 and 7, latches, eats, and goes right back to sleep...He decided that Monday night he would scream his head off from 3:50am until about 5:15am then eat and go back to sleep. He had the worst gas and tummy ache :( I felt HORRIBLE for him. But since then we are back to sleeping great. Poor thing is a little sick-I think-so we'll see how tonight goes. Guess you'll have to wait for his seven week report to find out!
Best thing this week: All the family time! It was so fun seeing all the cousins together.
Worst thing this week: Watching Mav have all of that tummy trouble. Poor baby :( :( And tonight, listening to him try to breath with his stuffy nose... pathetic. I feel horrible for him.
Check out Maverick's six week pictures on the "Maverick's Mugshots" page.
Mommy Update:
Went to the doctor today. Everything is back to normal. I have lost 22 lbs. 15 more to go to be pre-Mav weight again. I started weight watchers back up on Tuesday and am doing good so far. Fingers crossed this last 15 falls off pretty fast! Anybody that ever wants to walk give me a call!! Also, I had my first beer this week! It was DELISH. I only had 1/2 of a Pliny the Elder. But I LOVED IT! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment