Thursday, November 7, 2013

28 WEEKS!

How far along? 28 weeks! Where has the time gone?!

Size of baby: Baby E is the size of an eggplant! 



Putting on layers of fat, your baby now weighs in around 1.5 to 2.5 pounds and measures about 13.6 to 14.8 inches.

Total weight gain: A whopping 147.4 lbs for this momma and baby. I've gained a total of 24 lbs. My goal is to try to keep it to a pound a week at most from here on out. The hunger is killing me this week though. YIKES!

Maternity clothes? No pants, just shirts. Still having a hard time picking out shirts in the morning though.
Stretch marks? No, no, no, Jack!

Sleep: I have been sleeping great! Wedging myself between two body pillows has been wonderful. Still peeing in the middle of the night once in awhile. 

Best moment this week: Kyle read a book to Maverick before we went to sleep the other night. The doctor's appointment was kind of exciting too. I am starting to go every two weeks now. That makes it really real!


Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.

Gender: B.O.Y.
 
Belly Button in or out? The top half isn't cooperating and likes to try to poke out now and then. The bottom half is a good listener and still in all the time. 


Miss Anything? Yes. Shaving easily. My legs are still do able but I have to take a deep breath before I bend over. Other parts of my body...not so easy. 


Food cravings: Just food. All the time. I've been craving things that are cold...tomatoes, sushi, salad, etc.

Labor Signs: No. But I should brush up on my Braxton Hicks signs just in case. 

28 Week Symptoms: Straight from thebump.com
  • Trouble sleeping. As you get closer to your due date, you'll likely have more and more trouble with this. It could be hormones or nerves -- or both! Not yet.
  • Shortness of breath, as baby continues to crowd your lungs. Sometimes. I'm pretty used to this. Anybody that knows me can vouch for my famous saying of, "I can't breathe!!"
  • Aches and pains -- the third trimester can be really uncomfortable due to hormone fluctuations and the toll on your body. Not yet.
  • Braxton Hicks contractions -- these might be getting stronger or more frequent as your bod gets ready for labor. No, but this is what made me think I should read up on the differences. 
  • Leaky boobs. Your breasts may already be producing baby's first food, a yellowish substance called colostrum. Uhh...NO?! Great...The joys of being a mom. Oh boy. 

Happy or Moody? So so so so happy.

Looking forward to: Lots of things...one that I can't quite spill yet...but stay tuned! I can't wait until Nov. 20th to see lots of my friends that I haven't seen in a long time and celebrate Maverick being even closer to real life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment