Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Three WeeKs

Stats--

  •      Height: I don't know...Dr. appointment on March 6th. I guess I could measure myself, but I suck at measuring.
  •      Weight: I hope over 8 lbs. I can't wait to start using my little sling thing. Although, I don't know exactly how to use it. YouTube here I come...
  •      Others: Coolest 3 week old on the block!

Firsts/Milestones: There aren't really any lists out there that go week by week. I might have to re-think my template.
-A first for me was lifting the baby carrier and driving. I was so nervous when I first pulled out of the driveway.
-His belly button cord fell off! He's finally like a normal little person.

Feeding: The bane of my existence. Breast feeding SUCKS. Ok, so I'm exaggerating a little (but not by much). I want to quit every night and morning. During the day is ok. I've had about 3-4 ROUGH nights this past week. Lots of crying (screaming crying to be exact, like he looks like he's in pain) and no latching over and over and over and over and over. Then my tears start. It makes me feel like such a horrible mom to not be able to feed him good. It will get better though! Thank goodness for my mom, Kyle, and the lactation consultant. They are all very supportive and keep encouraging us.

Sleeping: Unfortunately, he is sleeping so good he's starving himself. He was sleeping between 4 and 6.5 hours at night. But then when he wakes up he is so hungry that he is mad and gets frustrated with the latching issue-see above! It's vicious cycle.

Best thing this week: I got up, got me and Maverick ready and made it to where I needed to be ON TIME! Wooowhooo. Of course, just hanging out with Mav all week. And I would be lying if I didn't mention my personal diaper changer this week. My mom was an AMAZING help. I missed Kyle like crazy, but being at my parents' house was so nice. Seeing my grandparents was awesome; AND Don and Beth (the best neighbors EVER) cooked me lots of yummy meals. They are like the baby whispers. Mav LOVED LOVED LOVED them.  Which brings me to the last "best thing"....Kyle came home!!!

Worst thing this week: Gas. Poor Maverick and his immature stomach. Gripe water does not work, but he loves it. Next on the list is Milanta (however you spell it). You should see how bright red his face turns and the screeching. It breaks my freaking heart. Also, leaving my moms was pretty sucky. Good thing my reward for leaving was seeing Kyle and being at home as a family.

 Check out Maverick's three week picture on the "Maverick's Mugshots" page.


No comments:

Post a Comment