Wednesday, February 5, 2014

One weeK

Stats--

  •      Height: 20 inches (49th percentile)
  •      Weight: At the pediatrician's office on Monday, he weighed 7lbs 1 oz (21st percentile). He          dropped to 6lbs in the hospital and then was 6lbs 13 oz when we were discharged. We have a      2 week old appointment scheduled for next week and he's supposed to be back at or above          birth weight. I don't think he'll have any issues with that. 
  •      Others: They measured the circumference of his head, which is 13.75 inches (25th                      percentile). 


Firsts: ummm everything. We went outside for the first time on Saturday when we got discharged from the hospital; had our first car ride; Tuesday night we had our first bath (pics on fb--so cute!); Tuesday night we also had our first family walk. Obviously everything we did this week was a first, but those are the highlights that I can remember off the top of my head!

Feeding: Maverick is eating good. He's having trouble latching, but once he's on there he eats great. We are taking him to a pedi dentist this week to look into laser surgery. He is a little tongue tied and has a thick lip thing going on. It's a quick and painless surgery that will hopefully help him latch better/use his tongue to it's fullest, and not run into speech and dental issues later down the line. During the day we try to eat every 2-3 hours, even if I have to wake him, but at night I let him be in charge of the schedule. He's been sleeping like 4 and 5 hours at night, so I'm only getting up once or twice to feed depending on what time I go to bed. HE'S SO GOOD!
Sleeping: Takes after his daddy. That's all I have to say. If sleeping was an Olympic sport, he'd get gold.

Best thing this week: Everything! I could not be happier. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that we have a beautfiul house and a beautiful, healthy baby boy. Everything is coming together.
Worst thing this week: Well let me tell you a little story... Saturday we got discharged from the hospital around 11:30. I had all my paperwork, we packed up our million bags of stuff we brought/acquired, and I got wheeled down to the car. After fumbling with the carseat for about 10 minutes we were locked and loaded. Home we go... (to my parents' anyways). I get home, we are settling in, feeling great... my mom says, "oh, should we fill your prescriptions? I don't know if the drug store will be open tomorrow." Hmmm...well although I knew I had my prescriptions, it didn't dawn on me that I was now in charge of medicating myself and duh, I needed them filled. Thank god for mommies! "Yes, please! Here's my insurance card/health account credit card, my ID and the hard copies." My mom noticed none of the prescriptions were signed. I figured it was a new thing and there was probably some QR code or something on there that meant it was "signed". All this dang technology! So off she went. Well, about 20 minutes later she called me and said that they can't fill any of my prescriptions because they aren't signed. OY VEY! (Questions running through all of our heads...and to the pharmacist: "Can you call and get it approved?" "Can you call and have them fax you signed ones?" "WHAT THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO?") Back at the house I'm in more and more pain and feeling overwhelmed and miserable. Thank god Maverick was sleeping so good and not needing me during this ordeal. So, we call the nurses' station at the hospital and explain. We get in touch with my nurse that discharged us (scatter-brained is a nice way to describe her...). She says we have to come in person, bring the hard copies back, and get the doctor to sign them. REALLY?! FINE. Ok. Well the doctor is in surgery... HEAD SLAP. After 3 phone calls back and forth, we figure out he'll be out in about 45 minutes. Kyle heads to the hospital with the nurses' number in hand and prescriptions. The plan was for him to meet the nurse outside of the McDonald's at the hopsital. She was going to take the prescriptions to the doctor, he would sign them, and she'd return them to Kyle. Well... Kyle calls, "I'm walking from the parking garage up to McDonald's." Nurse, "Ok, I'll meet you in a few minutes." Nurse then calls me. "Tell your mom that the doctor is going to come down himself and sign the prescriptions. He knows you're about to pull up in the circle outside of McDonald's. (I forgot to tell you, I orginially thought my mom was going so that's why she thinks she's meeting my mom.) I tell her that it's my boyfriend, not my mom, but that I'll call and tell him. He's probably almost there. She says, "Oh I just talked to him!" So I call Kyle anyways to tell him it's the doctor coming to the car. I didn't know he had called her and told her he was walking into McDonald's. He says he already talked to her and I just re-iterate that it's now the doctor and he thinks he's in the car. After 10 minutes Kyle never finds the doctor. He has to call back. The doctor is waiting for the car to pull up. Kyle is waiting for the doctor. HUGE CONFUSION. Finally, Kyle saves the day. He deals with the "special" nurse, finally finds the doctor, gets the presctipions signed and comes in with the drugs. What a life saver!! And he never complained once. I am one lucky girl!

Pictures:
I'll post more next week. I put so many on Facebook that there really aren't any new ones people haven't seen.
Here's our boy at (10 hours shy of) one week old. Napping so his mommy can blog! LOVE this little kid.   

No comments:

Post a Comment